Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Redefining "vague"

I just saw the following ad on Craigslist in the "Missed Connections" section:

--------------------------------------------------
This past Saturday Night - m4m - 32 (Nashville)
Date: 2009-07-29, 7:00AM CDT

We met Saturday night and I didn't get to say goodbye. I had a good time. Lets hang out again. What's your name? What's mine? What did we do?
--------------------------------------------------

Wow. Could you vague that up a bit more for me? Met where? At what point in the evening? What were you wearing? What was discussed?

How the hell is anyone supposed to reply to this ad? There are no specifics to latch onto whatsoever. This kind of thing drives me crazy, and sooooo many posters make the same mistake.

What really cracks me up about this ad is the fact that you can imagine the last few sentences in a desperate sort of way. "Heavens to Betsy, I can't remember your name. I can't seem to recall yo--Wait. My God, I can't remember mine either! Whatever has happened? Whatever have I done?!"

Amnesia will wreck a fledgling relationship every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment